It’s time to step back from this family for a couple of days to let my thoughts and ideas organize themselves in the background. I’ve collected data and made spreadsheets that so far result in building a number of family “shrubs” that may or may not get grafted to my family tree.
Data is incomplete. The same first names are used repeatedly, as was common in the 18th and 19th centuries. Example: two male births on the same day given the same name and registered at the same office. At this point, I’m not certain whether their fathers were brothers or cousins. There are a few obvious transcription errors, and probably some subtle ones I haven’t found yet. Spreadsheets evolved as my ideas evolved and I’m beginning to confuse myself. I know. I should have taken the time up front to make a plan. But I didn’t do that.
These various Sip families all lived in the same region. I believe that they are all connected but the problem is in finding the connecting thread.
For the next few days, I’ll be getting back to DNA. I haven’t been on GedMatch or FTDNA for quite a while. There are new things to learn and, I hope, new matches for follow up.
With any luck, I’ll be able to get back to the Sip shrubs refreshed and with new ideas.