Translate

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Thankful Thursday


I’m thankful to all of my great-grandparents for their decisions to come to the United States.  They all were Polish, but when they came over, Poland existed only in the hearts and minds of her people. The nation had been partitioned yet again and Poles were ruled by Prussia, Russia and Austria.  The future there was to be World War I, (“The Great War"), World War II including Nazi concentrations camps, and years behind the Iron Curtain as part of the USSR.

How incredibly lucky are we, the descendents of immigrants!  They had the courage to start over in a new land.  For that, I am grateful.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, we have a lot to be thankful for. I'm thankful for my ancestors who immigrated from Sweden, Denmark, and England, and other countries.

    ReplyDelete