Translate

Thursday, April 21, 2022

Pretty Women

 

My first memories of my maternal aunts were as middle-aged (at least) women. Perspective: My mother was the 10th of 11 children. She was 30 when I was born, so her sisters ranged in age at that time from 34 years to 48 years old. For a small child, they seemed “old”.

I had a fresh look at these women when a cousin recently sent me a box of old photos including some of my aunts’ wedding photos. It was wonderful to see my aunts as lovely young women.

I scanned these photos and then took advantage of the colorizing service offered by MyHeritage.  You may need to be a member to take advantage of this service.

They are posted below along with a photo of my maternal grandmother that was probably from the mid 1890’s judging by her dress.






And my maternal Grandmother, Stella Schipp  

I am so glad to be reminded that they were once young, lovely and lively. It would be great to be able to go back in time and know them as they were then.










No comments:

Post a Comment